Saturday 20 May 2017

Door rehab.

I've been filling in holes and gouges.  That is the first stage of rehabilitation at the door hospital.





I'm fixing a stack of doors.

Literally, a stack.




Before applying filler.

After filler application.

I vow, I will never, ever, take a smooth, nicely-painted door for granted again.

The good news about repairing doors, is that I get to make Pinteresty improvements.


Measure twice.


Measure a rectangle, score the lines, mark with painter tape, and apply two coats of blackboard paint.




Ugh, I hate paint bleeds!









Stay tuned for more door rehab!

happy thrifting ;)


6 comments:

  1. Good heavy doors are worth fixing, but gosh I hate painting them. I haven't had to do that in years and I don't envy you the job. The blackboard paint is great stuff-I can't ewait to see how they turn out.

    I have a "Vintage Hospital" where I do surgery on vintage clothes and re-construct them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!! I'd love to see your Vintage Hospital!!! I have a feeling it's much more exciting than my cans of primer, wood putty and sandpaper.

    Thanks for your blogs. I usually pop over and visit while I'm covered, head to toe, in dust and debris....your outfits add some much needed glamour and pretty to my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've certainly got your work cut out with those doors, but it will be worth it in the end! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Princess!! I am saving $$$ by restoring the doors...hopefully I'll have more progress to show you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your patience to save all those doors, it will pay off in the end. With those green tarps it looks like a door hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Penny! I think saving the doors is worthwhile too, the newer doors don't seem to be as heavy or sturdy. Further to the green tarps, I have the doors covered with plastic wrap to prevent dust from coming into the "hospital". Thanks for popping by!

    ReplyDelete