Saturday 23 January 2021

Winter life 2021 edition

Hello friends! Happy January 2021. I feel that surviving and thriving for the first half of winter is a significant accomplishment. Presently the province of Ontario has a lockdown, which means that thrift stores are closed...ack!! Do you need a thrift haul fix? 

Allow me to present a virtual fix. 



Your shopping cart awaits...



I love Christmas, and I also love the colour red. So it's no secret that my December warddrobe consists heavily of red, plaid and Christmas sweaters. It was a happy day when I found this red blouse. It has a sassy wide collar, and I can wear it tucked in as a blouse, or untucked as a tunic. Notice the excellent reminder post-its notes on my cell phone (I belong to Ludites Anonymous, now you know)






Cardigan #1




Oooh! Shiny velour!! This J Crew top has become a year round staple for me. I love it!! Thank you thrifting gods!!






Cardigan #2!! Vintage 80's goodness!!




I still haven't worn this cardi yet...it's smallish on me, so my options are to wait until the weather warms up so that I can put it over a sleeveless top or camisole.





This necklace has become a favorite. Made of semi-precious stones, I layer it with other necklaces, or by itself. I enjoy a feeling of power and contentment when I am wearing things like this.




Thank you, thank you to the grandma who gave this blouse up! I wear it regularly!! I figure it's from the early '90s


You'll notice I took great care to show pictures of the price tags. I likely purchased these items at 50% off sale at Value Village. There is nothing like the sale-induced, intoxication of quality vintage for cheap!!!




Did I mention that I like red? I like to pair red with burgundy and greens...this Italian blazer is maroon in regular light. I have worn it over my excellent J Crew velour top.




Random outfit pose. Blazer is thrifted. You'll notice another post-it (tee hee)




Feel free to drop me a line. I do read all comments and I miss interacting with all of you, my blogworld friends. I may not reply as I am frequently busy, but I do appreciate you and your pretty clothes. 

 Happy thrifting ya'll!!

6 comments:

  1. Well done for surviving and thriving for the first half of Winter! Sorry to hear your thrift stores are closed. Ours were closed for a while too but re-opened mid December. Needless to say, I have had regular thrifting fixes since then! Hopefully, your lockdown ends soon. Do stay safe, my blogging friend xxx
    Oh my, didn't you do well? I particularly love the red blouse/tunic, the velours top (so luscious), the 80s cardigan and that amazing necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! I get a lot of inspiration from your outfits..you are always impeccably outfitted with a necklace, a pin or three and a scarf. I certainly love my jewelery!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see you! Our charity shops have been closed for a month now and will be for the foreseeable future.
    I don't think I've ever tried something on in a charity shop, I just grab and buy! Love the beads and the velvet top! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Vix! I'm partial to velvet and beads....a woman can never have too much of either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a joy when you pop in with a post.
    I haven't been in a thrift shop since around Feb '20. Still haven't run out of clothes, but I am so bored.
    The April Cornel cardie is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee! I reckon your hoard of clothing and purses will allow you to wear a different outfit every day...for another year yet! I haven't been to a thrift store since Dec 2020. I was lucky enough to find some oversized parkas and a reflective vest for outdoor work. I"m looking forward to seeing more of your delicious recipies and salivating over your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete