Sunday 15 December 2013

Cold weather haul!! 50% off at Value Village

Well the weather outside is frightful.  Plummeting temperatures have reached -25 degrees Celcius.  And that isn't even talking about windchill (believe me, if you have never heard of windchill then you are a lucky person).

This type of weather calls for layered dressing.  My office can be quite cold, thanks to the proximity of a loading dock and capricious heating.  I like to look nice, so dressing professionally can be a bit of a challenge.  Layered dressing means I can bundle up, nice and warm, and peel of layers as required.  Loose layers also mean that I get a bit of insulation as the layers trap warm air against my body. 

Here are some pieces I got at a 50% off sale at Value Village.  They have great layering potential.  

Dim, dark days call for a bit of sparkle.  The dusty pink blouse and the sleeveless blue top have tiny sparkly beads.  The grey sweater has silvery, lurex thread.  


$5 and NWT!!

This lovely sheer blouse still had the tags on it.  It's a dusty pink blouse from Sears.  The pin-tucks have beads on them.  Add a sheer, long-sleeved tee underneath, layer a cardi on top, and I'll be warm as toast!!



RW top, $5
I love RW.  But it's a tad pricey when you pay retail. This cute sleeveless top has nice beading along the neckline and arms.  It is sheer up at the collar area, with lots of flowy, layers on the bottom part. I plan to pair it with high-waisted wool slacks and a cozy cardi. 


NWT sweater, $17


This sweater was a tad pricey.  The original tags were on it, it originally retailed for $90 at Sears.  Wow, I'd never pay that much.  This oversized top is going to get layered over a couple of long, sleeved tees.  Perhaps I'll pair it with a pair of high-waisted pants, or a skirt.


Ear bling, 50 cents a pair.
                 


Banana Republic, $3
Long, waterfall cardi in a mauvy shade of purple.  Made of fine, Italian, merio wool. 



Long sleeved, lacy tee

I think I paid about $3 for this tee-shirt.  It'll get layered over a couple of long-sleeved tee, or layered under a vest or sweater.

Floral print sweater, $5

A sweater to layer under a cardi, or over a shirt.


Turtleneck tunic $4
This tunic was a steal.  It is a vintage Linda Lundstrum, make of warm wool and acrylic.  I can wear it as a tunic over leggings.  I love the pattern!!!



Lambswool cardi, $5
I seriously debated about getting this long cardigan.  It's made of the softest lambswool, by IB Diffusion (a fab, quality label from the 1980s).  I put it back on the rack because I already have 4 long, beige cardigans.  While my purchases were being rung up, I went back for it.  I lloooooovvve the shaggy collar and cuffs!!


Silk blouse $4

This silk blouse has a nice length to it.  Long enough that drafts won't go whistling up my torso.  Plus silk is a great material for keeping warmth close to my body.   Hey, these considerations are important.  Winter is all about staying warm people!!


I like clogs since I can slliiiiddde into them without bending down to do up buckles, laces etc.  I like Clarke's clogs in particular.  They are quality items that look fab.  They are also pricey.

Witness this shoebox with the pricetag of $130.  I bought these shoes on sale for $89.




I bought this pair of Clarke's for $6.50.  They were brand, spankin' new!!






Aldo scarf, $1.50

Last but not least, a long cotton scarf with a cute needle-point, floral print.

Stay warm everyone.

happy thrifting.

2 comments:

  1. look like you really cleaned up at VV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Katherine, yup, I did clean up!! There is another 50% sale on Boxing day. I'm hoping to score some skirts and pants for work.

    thanks for checking out my blog,

    ReplyDelete